Retested! Thanks for the help before

So I got retested after posting my bloods a week ago. Thank you everyone for the opinions, callouts, etc. Very helpful. So test is up a good amount. LH is good again. FSH is still high. And sadly Glucose is higher than before, even after I was a good boy for this test. So many said I should get a monitor which I will. Been fairly stressed lately and beer has been my friend. Along with bad eating habits. So I’m gonna be better and monitor and see if I can get back in the green. Does anyone have any callouts on this one? Could beer also affect the FSH? I read it possibly could. Going forward I think I’m gonna go with a 400mg/wk Test run. Simple, less is more type of approach. Thoughts? I don’t like to swing so far that I need a lot of other stuff to get right again in the end.

4 Likes

Drinking wil lower natural test so that makes sense. For sure make sure you watch glucose

2 Likes

I’d work on the eating habits and keep an eye on the glucose.

2 Likes

As much as I hate saying this… it was a tough one for me as I like(ed) my cold beer on ice out back just relaxing…you might want to consider abstaining from alcohol. Maybe a couple every so often won’t hurt but that literally means two maybe twice a month…

My story is: I like day drinking… start in the morning and polish off 18-24 throughout the day. The wife was amazed at how well i held my alcohol… I would usually keep a bottle of tequila or bourbon close to pull on also. beetes put a stop to that… I tried to “occasionally” put a buzz on but 18 beers during daylight hours every so often was still too much. I just quit all together. It’s been years now.

Maybe don’t drink for a couple of months and get retested.

6 Likes

I abastain for long periods now

2 Likes

The older I get the more “moderation” and plain old abstinence (of certain things) seems like a good idea…so far it seems to be working.

4 Likes

Except for my gosh darn sweet tooth I’m struggling to corral.

2 Likes

Now I’m not sure what the deal is cause I just read glucose can definitely rise if you are fighting an infection of some sort, which I have been. Regardless I’m gonna get a meter and keep track. Never hurts. Also along with “behaving”

3 Likes

Yahtzee.

3 Likes

Yeah as much as I liked my beer and booze… it ended up being the best choice for me.

Of course, with baby girl and her being born from parents (3 generations) with severe addiction problems (of everything)… it’s just the right thing to do for her benefit.

In a way… she very well could have saved my life. Probably why we’re joined at the hip.

2 Likes

You’ve already heard this on here but definitely watch that glucose. It seems like a small increase but that is a very high elevation for being fasted. Could it be from an infection? Possibly but I’d still monitor it.
How many cycles have you done in the past?

2 Likes

This will be my third cycle. Definitely going to monitor. I didn’t take these tests lightly and it was somewhat eye opening to be honest

2 Likes

Same advice as last time…

Kuddos on getting labs tested and retested!

5 Likes