Am I the only one who saw terminator?

I mean we’re just building Skynet one brick at a time.

5 Likes

It’s not new. China has been working AI fighter jets years before us. Russia has AI tanks and robots capable of firing weapons. We’re kinda behind everyone in defense industry.

Consider they share technology and with Iran. British have hypersonics like the rest if SCO and won’t share with US lol. We failed at hypersonics several times now.

2 Likes

Haha I wouldn’t share with us either.

1 Like

This right here. They always say china is “on pace” lol. Nah it’s already got better weapons and technology. Building a huge naval fleet that will put ours to shame as well.

What people forget is we purchase everything at contracted prices from businesses so everyone gets kickbacks and gets rich along the way. China, Russia and Iran produce everything at cost thru state owned corporations. That’s how they can mass produce hypersonic missiles by the thousands while we have buy by the dozen for 10 times the cost lol.

1 Like

Well, that’s…. Less than ideal.

1 Like

I believe that our advancements in technology (A.I.) will eventually weaken us as a society instead of strengthening it

3 Likes

The whole premise of Dune that the movies failed to delve into is that it’s a post AI/Machine world in which the new world is built upon no machine will do a job that a man could do… because it lead to the weakening of society.

3 Likes

The limiting factor in todays jets is the hack sitting in the seat. Eliminate the human driver and those things have ridiculous performance.

Except the technology will always be able to be hacked at some point. China already brags they can stop our nuclear attacks by changing the course the missle systems.

US produces absolutely nothing and is reliant on technology from other places. The best hackers we have are recruited from other countries who DONT prosecute cyber crime. There is zero incentive for hackers from US to attempt anything to end up in prison for life.

I believe china as they had multiple spy balloons above our launch centers and facilities with zero knowledge from US at the time. We’re lacking everywhere now.

2 Likes

As much as people think the new technology will be a game changer they’re working on counter defense all the time. Various types. Direct energy weapons are being designed to counter defense systems.

It current Iran hit on Israel was a test and nothing more. Send inactive drones to make the enemy waste munitions to counter them. Those drones were Essentially bullet catchers. Costing the US over a billion and Iran got thru the iron dome and hit the targets with normal missiles. They didn’t even use their hypersonics. They were laughing about how easy it was.

1 Like

Hackers in Russia are fine as long as they don’t hack the Russian govt. Same in China. Same in Iran. It was the same in Ukraine until they took bribes from US. The governments let them do what they want and will ask them for assistance at times. That’s their payoff.

They learn to get better, work for the government and can be assured they go after a high level target and caught they’re still safe.

The US looks to put everyone in prison they can. Then they hold hackathons that are nothing more then normal programmers trying to land a job. So we get the worst of the worst in the tech world. Forcing us to purchase technology usually made by others. Pegasus is an example of that.

It’s a line of propaganda the US government tries to make it seem like it’s “mysterious” and has the best of the best. That’s complete bullshit. For everything we produce someone is going to steal it and break it. With multiple countries all working on it.

1 Like

5 Likes

Well, I know for a fact that the ships China is and has developed are subpar in terms of both technology and quality, but ours haven’t been much better over the last two decades of development.

China has/had a goal driven a long time ago to mass produce as much weaponry like ships, planes, etc. and go the route of quantity versus quality at the time of the ramping up.

Quality is getting better, but just as much garbage being produced there as there are in our and any other country.

Skynet or the Red Queen will be inevitable if you journey down the path we are currently on and at the pace that the world is going.

Of course the Dune movies/books concept is kind of interesting.

2 Likes

The ships china are producing now are way better then what we’ve seen in the past. This goes back to the cold War days of propaganda always pushing US makes quality over quantity and Russia and China are basically producing shit.

We see in the ukraine war Russia is killing our tech sent from US and Nato countries enough so that Ukriane is demanding better technology. I believe it was around 2009 that we got a look at the fleets China was working on and was listed equivalent to US fleets.

The real downside if a war for china will be their inexperience in war. They’ve been training with Russia and Iran heavily since the 2009.

Much like when hypersonics came out the world embraced them while US tried to say they gave no advantage. We see in ukriane we can’t stop them with our defense we gave them.

Given if we go to war with China will not be just China. Will be fighting Russia and Iran as well. Russia has already stated they have no problem attacking US on their own soil in that scenario. This is why US has backed off the idea of keeping Taiwan and further stated their goal will be to destroy Taiwan instead so china can take advantage of the technology. Taiwan was pissed as they should be.

1 Like

Gen Miley stated a few years ago that we need at least until 2025 to hold a war against China alone. I don’t think that’s possible as US and Nato are wasting munitions and supplies in Ukraine and now Israel. Both governments are wasting shit at an unbelievable rate. And it takes time to produce new munitions.

An example is Russia placing ww2 tanks that don’t even run out on the battlefield for Ukriane dumbasses to shoot off 3-5 munitions to take out a non working tank. I’ve seen videos of them shooting off 10 missiles trying to blow up a single Russian running around. I was in that war and Ukrainians are not the brightest and best when it comes to combat.

4 Likes

Who needs munitions… we got diversity

3 Likes

Reminds me of the movie “deal of the century “

2 Likes

I actually don’t think I’ve ever seen that.

1 Like

I’ve never even heard of that movie and I thought I was kind of a movie buff.

1 Like

I looked it up and it’s a Chevy chase movie. I had no idea

3 Likes