How often do you experience BURNOUT?

How often do you experience BURNOUT?
In fact, there are days when you just don’t feel like doing anything, let’s call it burnout. This is a really difficult moral period. At these moments, I try to turn off my brain, but just take it and do what is necessary. I immediately think over what I need to delete now from my life so that I don’t have a burnout. Stress, sleep patterns, nutrition, you need to understand why this happened. Maybe this is an environment of people, so we need to get rid of it. Not going to training, I then condemn myself, but after I went, I feel proud, no matter what mood I would not have been exercising with. How often do you experience burnout? How do you deal with it?

8 Likes

When I’m feeling burnout on the gym. I do the same as you. I just go anyway. I don’t usually push as hard or intense. But by the time I’m ready to leave, I’m ready to do more.

5 Likes

Typically after 3 or 4 days in a row of intense training burns me out. I just take a rest day and destroy on the next

6 Likes

I’m way to lazy to burn out!

6 Likes

Lool

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say I get burned out on training but I go too far on my strict diet of mostly all protein shakes and I feel lifeless. Today is a day like that. This is 9 days on mostly protein shakes and I have no energy even after taking preworkout stimulants. Rather than force a bad workout like I did in my youth I’m most likely going to have a cheat meal so I can be energized to train tomorrow. :+1:
It’s definitely true that to force a workout now would make me feel proud of myself afterwards and somewhat better, I did that yesterday, which worked, but today I feel even worse. My body is depleted!

5 Likes

How do you plan to improve the situation in the future?

3 Likes

Make sure your workouts are fun is #1, if like to train heavy lift some heavy weight. If you like the pump squeeze those muscles. Or add sport specific stuff.

5 Likes

I like this thread it’s a common issue with a lot of us who are honest. I burnout usually after about eight weeks of hard training. I too push myself to go when I don’t want to. Except the recent few months. Since I got outta jail it’s been hard to reestablish a routine. But previously I do deload weeks. Usually once every two months. Then I utilize the time to change up my diet and workout routine. I’ll do some fishing or something to pass the time. I will go to the gym some days on deload but just to get the blood flowing. Just play around for half hour. I also like to use this time to donate blood and get my “oil change”.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Hahaha

I’m
Not even burnout just feel nothing right now

4 Likes

I hear you brother. You have a lot of pressing issues. I will be thinking about you. I will be praying for you and your family also.

2 Likes

Oh, I doubt I’ll change things. I like to taoe the diet as far as I can. You can tell me when I’m being a :poop: head and I’ll get a cheat meal to fix the issue for another week or so. :grinning:

3 Likes

I am a burnout

2 Likes

Burnouts used to be a name for potheads in the 70’s

4 Likes

Take a nap on the gym couch when needed lol. Did that plenty of times when I was around 18.

1 Like

And the 80s. And 90s.

1 Like

Dont ye forget i come from the land time forgot

1 Like

I do this on Monday’s after work lol

1 Like