How Poppy Got His Start

Rare footage… @Poppy

9 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: this just made me lol in the middle of the unit

4 Likes

You know he has some old family photos when he was a kid rocking the hulkamania gear :laughing:

5 Likes

Love this!

1 Like

Blahahaha Blahahaha

That is about the year I started aas

3 Likes

Man that was my birth year poppy was already an adult rocking hulkamania gear

3 Likes

Me and my step brothers went to some of the wrestling events back in the early mid 80’s. I’ve seen those dudes up close.

Extremely large men… hulk andre junkyard dog hacksaw jim duggan

Large men road warriors billy jack hanes ultimate warrior superstar graham paul orndorf in commercial above macho man.etc etc

3 Likes

I was on an airplane with tully blanchard… stood right behind him. He was wider at the shoulders but overall bout the same size. He was dickhead pushing his way off the plane deboarding.

1 Like

Flew back from Dallas to Ohio with Ronnie dudes lats took up the whole aisle

2 Likes

One of my friends i worked out with was in the WWE. Had his own action figure and shit. Big guy and still wore heels or something to make him even taller in his boots. He swore staying on growth year around gave him several inches in height also. I remember he loved when the kids looked up to them they were always so excited.

1 Like

He can swear all he wanted that growth gave him height but once the bones ar refuses that’s it. Shoe lifts are one of the business secrets son guys added up 5 inches to actual height with them

2 Likes

Id kill myself walking around in something like that.

2 Likes

I looked into this years ago. I did find a study while searching at UT in the library. There was a study done that did improve height but it wasn’t the bones that increased. It had to do with the joints and spine. I remember it went over injections in the knees and spine. I’ve tried to locate it over the internet later but no luck. This would have been prior to 2000 sometime.

3 Likes

I’m not sure how they train in that and go around not being injured. He was already tall to begin with. But like he said it’s all about show.

1 Like

That actually makes sense. And of course, you can always have your bones cut and be in pain for six months in braces while they refuse and make you three inches taller. Ala Gattica. (People actually do this shit.)

2 Likes

I’ve seen those people on line and can’t believe they go thru that. It’s crazy

1 Like

I thought that’s how most of us actually got started lol

2 Likes

Shit. In 1985 @Poppy was already married had 2 kids and served in the Corps with JC himself. :rofl:

3 Likes