Time to Right the Ship

So, here I sit on a Monday AM at work, bored as fuck. I’ve had a few logs on this site the last few years, different pipe dreams in my head, mostly looking into making a miraculous comeback into powerlifting and hoping to get right back to where I was.

Where I was you ask, 2014 a nationally ranked 220 lb lifter in multiple feds just coming into my strongest years… untimely derailed by a phantom hip injury which caused arthritis and 5 years of severe pain culminating in me finally going to the doctor in 2019 dragging my leg because it did not function and kept me awake all night, and eventually having a full hip replacement in Jan 2020 (just before the VID got everyone)… after which I logged my recovery, a hopeful road to PUSH/PULL or potentially a Full Power comeback, however little nagging things that hadn’t bothered me prior began to build up… a partially torn bicep from 1995 started to rear its ugly head after never bothering me since the day it started to go pop… two very beat and battered shoulders started to officially wear me down and eventually one collapsed… issues with my knees, everything that was masked by the pulsating excruciating pain of my hip was finally taking its toll… 2021 I started a new job, I left the construction field and started teaching welding and industrial crane rigging at my unions apprenticeship school, and I let myself get fat as my training got less and less. In September of 2022 at the ripe weight of 250 and obese I hired a friend of mine who coaches bodybuilders to help me get back into shape, we tightened my diet up and over the course of a year, i am back down to floating between 208-212 which is where I’m most comfortable. My training has still been hit or miss due to nagging shit, but it’s been fairly consistent. Recently I told my friend I would be starting the next leg of my journey alone, because it’s time for me to get back to holding myself accountable to myself.

So here you have it, this will be my getting back to right log. In this spot for the foreseeable future I will log my daily calorie intake, macro break down and 4x week weight training. Bi weekly self mandated weigh ins, blood work and what (if anything over my TRT) I’m cycling.

7 Likes

Good to hear @JB_rD81

2 Likes

Looking forward to log!

2 Likes

Ditto what @JLee said

2 Likes

Get after it big guy!!! Following

1 Like

How’s your head space and timing?

2 Likes

Already a win!!!

1 Like

@John , not the greatest. The wife and I got into a fight Saturday and I blew through my top and said some stuff that I probably shouldn’t have. I need to get back into the doctor, just a lot of shit going on. Our oldest won’t talk to us and has pretty much kicked us out of her life, we don’t get to see our grandson any more and it’s putting a strain on things. The 24 year old is back in the house while she goes to grad school and contributes NOTHING, to the point where I’ve told her to get her shit and get the fuck out only to be vetoed by my wife and the 16 year old. So this is like a COMPLETE right the ship… keeping my body healthy and getting my head straight.

How is yours?

3 Likes

Chest and Tris fasted this AM… a few new milestones too

Low Incline (15 degree) flye - 3x15 @ 20, 25, 25
Low Incline DB Press - 50x15; 60x12; 70x9x2 (slight pain in left bicep/pec on 9th rep of both sets, like a pulling pain)
Incline (45 degree) DB press - 3x12 @ 60 lbs. same as low incline, a pulling pain on last reps of all sets
Flat Barbell Bench 3x10 @ 95 lbs (I haven’t been able to even press a bar since back in may when my left shoulder collapsed, so this is huge. There was a little tenderness and I could tell my lat was doing about 85% of the work on the left side, but it’s still a small win!)
Flat Machine Press - 130 x 12-15 x 3
V bar push down - 3 x 15-20 @ 60, 80, 100
Superset w/
DB Hammer Curl - 3x15 @ 20, 25, 27

Overhead Rope Tricep Ext - 3 x 20 w/ hold @ 80

I’ll lay out nutrition a little later today

2 Likes

It’s the small wins that count!

Dam kids…I’m alright

1 Like

Yes, sir!

(and the grad-school kid should contribute something even if its only time cooking, cleaning, helping with grocery store shopping, ect.)

2 Likes

You got this. Getting back at it physically will probably make you feel better as an individual which will probably translate to you being happier and less edgey

1 Like

This sounds great :+1:

1 Like

I’ll be following

1 Like

Didn’t get to train yesterday AM, my wife wouldn’t shut her cock sucker when I was trying to get ready to leave and kept blabbing on and on about shit I don’t give a fuck about, so I just got pissy and went out of my way to ruin her fucking day too.

Fasted training this am, upper body pull,

Mid grip pull downs, 4x10-15 @ 130, 150, 170, 170
Meadows Rope Pulldowns, 3x15 @ 130
Single arm WIDE pulldown, 3x10-15@ 50,50,70
Landline T Bar Row, 4x12-15@ 90, 115, 135, 135
Dumbbell Row, 3x10 @ 90, 90, 90
Cable cambered bar pullovers 3x15 @ 90, 110, 1130
Alt dumbbell supinated curls 3x20 @ 22.5, 25, 25
Superset with
Cable Rope Tricep Pressdown 3x20 @ 70, 80, 80

Everything feels good, just weak. Hormones are currently just 100 mg/wk Test C. Last bloods, test levels were right around 1400 and that was 5 days post injection. Up in the air about switching to a LOW dose of Test, Tren and Mast E…. However the Tren is never friendly with my psychological issues, that’s why it’s in the air.

Nutrition is set at
225 G protein
250 g carbs on workout days, 150 on non training days
75 g fat

208 lbs this morning naked on the scale, I have to be careful with food, I like it a lot and I’m a typical power body… I gain weight just looking at food

3 Likes

The struggle is real

2 Likes

Weekend training was delts on Saturday and Legs on Friday.

Delts was

• face pulls 4x15-20 @ 120, 140, 140, 140
  • kettlebell stability OHP’s 3x10-15 @ 20, 25, 30
  • dumbbell overhead press 3x 10 @ 40, 50, 50
  • cable side raise 3x20 @ 20, 20, 20
  • bent over db rear delt raise 3x15 @ 25, 30, 30

Legs Sunday was

• single leg extensions 100 reps each leg @ 70 lbs (4 sets total each leg)
  • barbell squats 5 x 10 @ 135, 185, 225 x 3
  • abductor/adductor 3 x 20 @ 90 super set with wall sits for 60 seconds

Everything felt good, surprisingly. Shoulder had some tenderness with the overheads, but it’s the heaviest I’ve gone on those in months

2 Likes

P.S. I also had a nice little TD from Platinum, thank you @johnjuanb1.

Weight 206 this AM

3 Likes

That sounds like a perfect shoulder day for building strength in your accessories and soft tissue. I’m gonna copy that.

2 Likes