Mossy's Esquel Labs Mass Stack Log

Tonight’s Push Session was all machine work. Also weighed again tonight at 191.
Bench Press 1×12, 2×15
Incline Bench 2×12, 1×15
Tricep Push Down 1×15, 1×13, 1×12
Shoulder Press 1×20, 2×18
Tricep Extensions 1×12, 2×15

3 Likes

I probably overdo my workouts I can’t help it I just keep going…

2 Likes

Same. I killed my legs Sunday. I struggled walking yesterday and my calves hurt so bad this morning just to the touch.

1 Like

@Mossy1985 @Ripgut

Guys…not throwing rocks…i can’t!

Please train with your head and not your heart. Taking a back off week every now and again is good for the body.

4 Likes

What worked for me over the years was alternating… take it easy one week on whatever was feeling beat up. Like go in and get a good light pump on legs. In and out one week while you’re still hitting other parts heavy that week. Maybe in a month or so. Swap it up next time. That way your head doesn’t feel like you’re pissing away a whole week.

3 Likes

I don’t think I go to crazy. I just find that for myself I like to hit about 5 sets per exercise. 3 on alternating movements.

3 Likes

My legs definitely need a break this week. I think what got me last week was 4 different days of Deadlifts. Getting in and out of my truck, up and down the ladder, and climbing has been tough this week so far.

3 Likes

Family Guy Cockroach GIF

3 Likes

Screw DL’s four days in one week and then having to still do a job where I’m up and down a ladder or flights of stairs all day long.

You’re a beast for sure!

4 Likes

I hit them both pull nights and leg nights. Was actually thinking about doing 2 on 1 off while doing Push, Pull, Legs just to give myself a little more time to rest up instead of 6 straight per week.

3 Likes

I know you may be fine now, but 6 straight even on gear will wear you down. I’d hit the 2 on 1 off like you’re saying, or maybe at minimum of 3 on 1 off, if you’re psyche can’t handle that many days off a week.

I just hit some serious V-Squats and RDL’s on V-Squat machine tonight and my ass, thighs, and hammies are cramping like a MFer. Couldn’t imagine 4 days a week of any leg routine and would probably give up lifting if I had to. :joy:

4 Likes

I had to climb a few trees today and after them my legs aren’t too bad. Still feeling it in my calves and hams but quads and glutes aren’t killing me to walk now.

2 Likes

I like the sound of the 3 on 1 off better I do believe. Sunday night after Deadlifts my lower back was trying to cramp up.

3 Likes

I use the the 3 on 1 off, cause it works well with my body and my brain.

Those back cramps are horrible and I have experienced them even worse with Dbol on leg days doing any sort of deadlift variation.

3 Likes

Fuck now that I think about it I haven’t had much for lower back pumps lately. I know when I start to feel it though. I’ll stop my DLs or RDL and hit the seated leg curl… Get some support on my back and keep the pump going. Always goes away after a couple of sets of those…

2 Likes

I’m a big proponent of whatever works best for and individual. Beings you are no youngster and have been doing this for decades…you know what’s best for you.

Every chance you’ll be revisiting this once you’re “comfortably into your 50’s”.

3 Likes

For sure I will be adjusting as life changes and body changes come at me with joints and aches, etc. We can’t all be Stallone I am guessing with his ageless routine.

I do adjust during the year based on what’s going on in life and how I feel.

3 Likes

Smart man. I’m thinking you’ve broke the code already. Train with your head not your heart.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure Sly has a medical staff at his fingertips 24/7.

Good to be rich. I would be the same way if I had his money.

4 Likes

I sure as hell would, too! To look that good and have the health he has in late 70’s. Just goes to show that medical science is there and works in anti-aging, if you can afford it.

3 Likes